Subject Positioner

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

JasonC wrote:
mawyatt wrote:Jason,

That's a really nice fixture you are designing and making with the 3D printer. I would love to have that top plate with a 1/4-20 thread sticking up so you could mount a subject holder or small ball head on top.

Do you make the background support fixture with the red disc?

Best,

Mike
Do you have a 3d Printer? I could make the file available.

That top plate actually has magnets embedded so I can attach other accessories to it and they just stick to it firmly, such as that pin adaptor. I am in the process of making some flexi-arms which will be 3d printable.

Yes I made the background holder which holds those multi-colour disks using magnets. Adjusting the angle of the disks determines how much light is reflected and you can also create vignette type backgrounds with it too.

The positioning table and all the other items on my rig have magnetic bases too which slide easily but with some resistance on teh Black cloth for easy positioning of everything, including my lights which are not shown. The rig is also portable so that Black board can flip over into a case, shut the lid and off you go!
I don't have a 3D printer, seems like it's something I should plan on acquiring in the future. Your work certainly confirms it's usefulness for macro setups!!!

The magnets are great, but my two setups (V & H) are based upon Aluminum bases :?

Best,

Mike
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

mawyatt wrote:It's an SELN LGY-R 40mm for the WeMacro XY stage, the rotary stage from eBay doesn't have any markings though.
Ray,

Here's the drawing for the rotational stage, the physical part has no Co. markings.

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic