www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 vs Oshiro 60mm f/2.8 2x Lens Test
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 vs Oshiro 60mm f/2.8 2x Lens Test
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enricosavazzi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray_parkhurst wrote:
enricosavazzi wrote:
Just as a note on macro lenses on full-frame Sony Alpha, I finally gave in and got an A7R Mii (not Miii, too expensive i.m.h.o. for what it offers above the Mii).....

Wow, excellent timing. I was looking last night at maybe buying a Sony 7Rii or 7Riii and using Capture One Pro. I looked on their website and saw that Pro allows on-screen Live View, perhaps like CMN or EOS Utility. Are you using it with C1Pro? Your results sound very hopeful and are making me lean heavily that way. I also thought the 7Riii did not offer much benefit over the 7rii so would likely go the same way. How are you triggering shutter for stacks?

I am not there yet, still waiting for a wired remote to cannibalize for connecting the camera to my home-made Arduino stacker. Still waiting for several other bits and pieces, including Godox transmitter for AD200 flash, battery eliminator for the camera etc.

I have a Lilliput monitor connected to the HDMI camera output, which makes it somewhat easier to focus at maximum magnification, but have not figured out yet how to assign the magnifier to a custom button to avoid getting into the menus to start this function.

My stacker is equipped with four relays under software control, so I should be able to use two of them (half-press + full-press) for triggering the camera shutter and one for triggering the flash in manual mode after the shutter opens (regardless of whether the camera can actually trigger a flash in electronic shutter mode). Whether the idea will work in practice remains to be seen. If it doesn't, continuous illumination will be the solution to use for stacking.
Doppelgänger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting test. Would like to see your analysis on the new Laowa 25mm F/2.8 2.5x-5x.

Rather than static shots, how about comparisons on live subjects (or fungi/flowers) where bokeh and rendering considerations can be viewed?
RobertOToole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doppelgänger wrote:
Interesting test. Would like to see your analysis on the new Laowa 25mm F/2.8 2.5x-5x.

Hopefully that will happen soon. I didnt see one available online yet, not even on the Laowa site.

Doppelgänger wrote:

Rather than static shots, how about comparisons on live subjects (or fungi/flowers) where bokeh and rendering considerations can be viewed?

I hear what you are saying. I have used potted plants before, at least these would allow me to control the conditions better but if I remember correctly the bokeh was hard to match between lenses. I might try that again soon.

Thanks for the advice!

All the best,

Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: