www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Testing Olympus UPlanFL N 4x 0.13 (FN 26.5)
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Testing Olympus UPlanFL N 4x 0.13 (FN 26.5)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Testing Olympus UPlanFL N 4x 0.13 (FN 26.5) Reply with quote

I found this lens used at a good price and being aware that Charles Krebs uses it with excellent results I bought it. It came pretty dirty and after a good cleaning I'm testing it. I find the results pretty good although my testing abilities and subjects are not the best.
Chromatic aberrations are present but I think they are small

I would like to see your opinions.

The Canon 70-200 f4 IS USM at f4 and 200mm was used as tube lens. Illumination with two Ikea Jansjo diffused with half ping pong ball around the subject. Canon 7D in LV. Stacked in Zerene PMax
1- Laser printed paper
Whole frame

100% crop near the center

100% crop corner

100% crop. Single shot near the center, subject angled to show LoCA, undiffused light

2- Polipodium sporangia
Whole frame

100% crop near the center

100% crop corner

SebastianFg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I thought Olympus established a System based on 180mm tube lens.
That would improve your results probably.
Best regards,
Sebastian
Pau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Olympus microscopes have a 180mm tube lens but because I see some corner degradation I find better to use a slightly longer TL. Altering the FL only changes magnification, so (calculated, not yet actually measured) at 200mm I'm getting 4.4X
For subjects where the corners don't matter like a typical insect portrait I could use it down to 140mm providing 3.1X

The objective is designed (and marked) for 26.5mm FN and the Canon APSC image diagonal is 27.04mm so they seem to match very well, but extreme corners are not so good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: