www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Any reviews on China scope 10X/20X objectives ??
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Any reviews on China scope 10X/20X objectives ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaconsooner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Any reviews on China scope 10X/20X objectives ?? Reply with quote

Hi macro folks,

I have been investing more into my macro gear and feeling so happy with my current setup and objectives.

Recently, I purchased a super cheap 4X China scope on Ebay and the image result is incredible compared to the price (~$15). I want to test more on the 10X and 20X objectives but the shipping is kinda an obstacle cuz I live in Vietnam

Therefore, I would like to ask our community about reviews/ feedbacks on those 10X and 20X

Thanks
harisA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago I bought the following 4x finite objective (think it is ''type b'' 4x according to your image)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Compound-Microscope-Objective-Lens-10X-Plan-Achromatic-DIN-RMS-thread-/320600929807?hash=item4aa54df60f

It is of decent quality but for sure is inferior to Nikon 4x/0.10 e-plan infinity entry level objective.

Afterwards I bought the 10x ''type b'' which was rather disappointing comparing again with Nikon e-plan 10x infinity. I used it only one time and after some years I gave it to a colleague as gift.
gaconsooner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harisA wrote:
Several years ago I bought the following 4x finite objective (think it is ''type b'' 4x according to your image)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Compound-Microscope-Objective-Lens-10X-Plan-Achromatic-DIN-RMS-thread-/320600929807?hash=item4aa54df60f

It is of decent quality but for sure is inferior to Nikon 4x/0.10 e-plan infinity entry level objective.

Afterwards I bought the 10x ''type b'' which was rather disappointing comparing again with Nikon e-plan 10x infinity. I used it only one time and after some years I gave it to a colleague as gift.

I guess I should invest a little more on the CFI 10X infinity which is said to be "wickedly" sharp
Well, prices goes with quality !!!
Pau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality aside, if you want it for macro of tridimensional subjects beware that the working distance even for the 10X is very small, so of little utility outside the microscope typical use
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: