horizontal or vertical stack?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bluefish

horizontal or vertical stack?

Post by bluefish »

Hello

To this philosophical question, I tried to find a simple solution with a material that can be used in both configurations.
I think the idea is not new here and I remain at the disposal of those who would like to know more.
Here are some pictures of some of my equipment that I use the most:
- A heavy CANON stand
- OLYMPUS BH microscope cut and modified for use in vertical (normal) or recumbent position. It has been equipped with two metal bars to give it stability and a tray attached to the original tray.
- A bellows equipped with the chosen objective (in LT of 160 for the objectives of microscope)
To move from the horizontal or vertical position simply rotate the bellows and tilt the microscope a quarter.
For my part, I command the movement of the subject to photograph but it is possible to move the camera by placing it on the second plate.

retired from the wine and vine, amateur of macro photography and who speaks English with difficulty. Mr Google will help me. Thank you for your indulgence.

Troels

Post by Troels »

Smart thinking.
I wish my set-up had this flexibility.
Troels Holm, biologist (retired), environmentalist, amateur photographer.
Visit my Flickr albums

bluefish

Post by bluefish »

I forgot to mention that the metal shims intended to stabilize the microscope are made of 4 mm flat iron and simply glued with epoxy glue (araldite). It can also be done with wood or plastic.
With this system, I gave up automating stacking, even if I have to shoot 200 photos, the manual operation is fast and I do not take any precautions concerning the vibrations thanks to the new PENTAX KP which works wonders in electronic triggering : no noise, no vibrations.
retired from the wine and vine, amateur of macro photography and who speaks English with difficulty. Mr Google will help me. Thank you for your indulgence.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic