Does Sony A7r III fire with the stacking device ?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

iHasan

Post by iHasan »

Hi,
I wonder if anyone have the chance to try The new sony a7r iii or a9 with any stacking device ?
I am asking this as one to the Dpreview members said that the remote release for A9 & A7rIII - Changed as he could not make some of his remote release work ...

does that mean that there is a possibility for the stacking device to not fire the camera ?

p.s : sorry for my poor english :roll:

this is the original thread
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4228782

concon

Post by concon »

I can't say for wireless triggers, but I imagine that if there is a manual shutter cable (as there is for the stackshot) that there should be no problem as long as the right cable is used. That being said, I haven't had a chance to get my hands on an riii yet and I'm not sure if it uses the same input as before (I'd imagine).

I'll be monitoring this thread as I'll definitely be upgrading to an rii at some point next year.
Last edited by concon on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

iHasan

Post by iHasan »

concon wrote:I can't say for wireless triggers, but I imagine that if there is a manual shutter cable (as there is for the stackshot) that there should be no problem as long as the right cable is used. That being said, I haven't had a chance to get my hands on an rii yet and I'm not sure if it uses the same input as before (I'd imagine).

I'll be monitoring this thread as I'll definitely be upgrading to an rii at some point next year.
I already ordered riii and I will update the thread as I get the camera

iHasan

Post by iHasan »

iHasan wrote:
concon wrote:I can't say for wireless triggers, but I imagine that if there is a manual shutter cable (as there is for the stackshot) that there should be no problem as long as the right cable is used. That being said, I haven't had a chance to get my hands on an rii yet and I'm not sure if it uses the same input as before (I'd imagine).

I already ordered riii and I will update the thread as I get the camera
I'm happy to confirm that it works smoothly with Wemacro devic

concon

Post by concon »

Excellent! I saw in your reply that I incorrectly said rii when I meant riii (I own the rii).

I was hoping to upgrade to the riii for the even greater DR that it seems to have. I can recover shadows for days, even from jpgs, with the rii. I'm interested to see how much better they could have made it.

dogden

Post by dogden »

I tried a series of Cognysis 2.5mm jack to 2.5mm female/3.5mm male to 3.5/ micro USB adaptors when upgrading? from Pentax K3 to Sony A7R III
It didn't work. I purchased the Cognysis cable Sony RM-VPRI micro USB
Rip off price but it does work.

dogden

Steve S

Post by Steve S »

Both the Neewer NW-880 wired release and the Vello Freewave wireless release have little cables with a 2.5mm "stereo" plug on one end and micro USB B on the other end, and both of them properly release the A7rIII shutter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic