www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Cross-polarized Ascorbic acide crystals - how to prepare ?
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cross-polarized Ascorbic acide crystals - how to prepare ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joyful

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Cross-polarized Ascorbic acide crystals - how to prepare ? Reply with quote

Greetings all -

I have just bought a small bottle of Solgar Ascorbic Acid crystals to use in Cross-polarized photography. The lab grade stuff was way beyond my paygrade.

Please will the experts on this list offer me some hints about the best way to prepare specimens, whether a strong of dilute solution crystalizes better, and so on ?

Many thanks

Joyful
Harald

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Joyful,
I´ve done a few of this. I assume your Ascorbic Acid is powder?
Normally I take some acid (small amount) and place on the slide. Then I take 3 drops of water. You can use either tap water or sterilised water. Never used cover slips. After adding the drops of water, I place the slide in the fridge to let water go. You will end up with great crystals. I also have a wine cooler set at 15 c. The crystals will grow smaller than the fridge, but faster...

Hope this helps Very Happy

Lier Fotoklubb / NSFF
AFIAP / CPS
BGF / GMV
http://www.500px.com/blender11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: