"The image appears to be damaged" - Helicon Focus

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

cube-tube

"The image appears to be damaged" - Helicon Focus

Post by cube-tube »

Sometimes, when opening up a Helicon Focus DNG export into lightroom, I get the message "The image appears to be damaged". The file will open and I can edit it, but the preview seems to switch between two versions of itself randomly.

It only happens with depth map or weighted average, never pyramid.

Does anybody know what's going on?

Thanks

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

... are you on a Mac?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

I do not know exactly what's going on.

I do know that DNG files generated by Helicon Focus have a much different format from ordinary DNG files generated by Lightroom or Adobe DNG converter from the same raw files. For example some D800E NEF's that I processed just now through Lightroom came out as 36.4 MB DNG from Lightroom, but 119 MB DNG as output from Helicon Focus.

I assume that what's happening to you is that the change-of-format being done by Helicon Focus is for some reason not acceptable to Lightroom. But why that would be true for depth map and weighted average, never pyramid, is a complete mystery.

In any case I'm sure that the folks at HeliconSoft would want to know about the problem, so they can fix it in future versions. I suggest to open a support ticket with them, or ask in their forums at http://www.heliconsoft.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15 .

--Rik

cube-tube

Post by cube-tube »

Alright thanks for the suggestions Rik. I'll look into it.

Also, Smokedaddy, I'm on Windows 10

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic