Myutron 0.7x/1.4x from chendata-eBay

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Lou Jost

Myutron 0.7x/1.4x from chendata-eBay

Post by Lou Jost »

I recently bought one of the three Myutron (Canon) SP07 lenses offered by chendata on eBay. Myutron's details about this lens are here:

http://www.myutron.com/en/lens/machine-vision/sp/

It is supposed to have a 62mm image circle and an aperture of f/2.7. I bought it for use at 1.4x-2x and 0.5x to 0.7x.

I've just tested it (reversed) against my Printing Nikkor 105A +TC14e III at 1.4x; my previous tests showed that this combination with the teleconverter gave better results at 1.4x than using the PN105A by itself.

I tested them on an MFT 20Mp sensor. I found that the PN105+TC was about equal to the Myutron in resolution at this magnification.

I'm on the road again and will post images when I get return to home.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Lou,

Interesting in your findings with this new lens.

Think I've figured out how to mount the PN105 to the Teleconverter without modifying the converter if I understood your earlier post on such.

Best,

Mike

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Mike, can you show us what you did? The modification was messy and if it can be avoided, that would be good.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Lou Jost wrote:Mike, can you show us what you did? The modification was messy and if it can be avoided, that would be good.
Lou,

Actually haven't done it yet. The concept is to modify the F mount adapter rather than the Teleconverter. Grind off a small section of the F mount "tab" so it will slide all the way into the converter lens opening, then rotate to lock in place. If you look at a modern Nikon lens, the mount has a shorter section tab to allow the Teleconverter to engage, this is the tab on the F mount adapter that needs modification.

I expect this will work because the F mount adapter is used to interface to the extension tubes, and will mate to the Teleconverter. There should be no risk to the Teleconverter since the optical protrusion from the converter extends inside the tubes and has plenty of clearance.

These adapters are cheap eBay types, so less stress than grinding off the expensive teleconverter tab!!

Of course this will not allow the Teleconverter use with lenses that are not modern Nikon types, but will allow use with extension tubes.

Best,

Mike

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

That's a good idea, for sure. If you only have one or two lenses to use with the teleconverter, that's the best way. No risk to any glass.

In my case I need to use this TC with many different lenses, so it's more efficient to modify the TC.

RobertOToole

Re: Myutron 0.7x/1.4x from chendata-eBay

Post by RobertOToole »

Lou Jost wrote:I recently bought one of the three Myutron (Canon) SP07 lenses offered by chendata on eBay. Myutron's details about this lens are here:

http://www.myutron.com/en/lens/machine-vision/sp/
Hi Lou,

Nice lens. The µ-tron lenses look great.

Wonder why these have no markings, the lenses on the site all have aperture indications. The seller says the lens has no markings but doesn't mention a reason, I have a feeling the seller is guessing about the model he is selling and the range. I am sure the lens performs but what is the best range?

Looking forward to seeing more about the lens later.

Robert

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Yes, I also was concerned about that. However the Myutron website has technical drawings of the whole series of SP lenses, and they can be distinguished by some of their measurements. Mine did indeed match the SP07, at least at the single dimension that I measured. But it is odd that there are no markings.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Lou Jost wrote:That's a good idea, for sure. If you only have one or two lenses to use with the teleconverter, that's the best way. No risk to any glass.

In my case I need to use this TC with many different lenses, so it's more efficient to modify the TC.
Lou,

Another good thing about this adapter mod is it works with all the Nikon Teleconverters, I have a old 1.7 somewhere I may give a try as well as the 1.4.

When I get brave enough I may modify the 1.4 (and maybe 1.7) teleconverter, but for now the adapter mod seems the best choice.....if it works??

Best,

Mike

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Lou Jost wrote:Yes, I also was concerned about that. However the Myutron website has technical drawings of the whole series of SP lenses, and they can be distinguished by some of their measurements. Mine did indeed match the SP07, at least at the single dimension that I measured. But it is odd that there are no markings.
Oh, That is good to hear!

Thanks for the update.

Robert

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic