www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - BH-2 and other things
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BH-2 and other things

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: BH-2 and other things Reply with quote

Hello, I inherited a bunch of microscope stuff a few yrs ago and Now I'm ready to sell a few things to help replace my nikon dslr. I dont know much about this stuff so please offer fair prices as I do not know how much these things go for. I will consider offers on everything shown but not sure how many things I will part with as I'm only doing this to fund my camera replacement. There are other things that go with the BH-2 just let me know if youre interested and ill fish them out.

Thanks

dolmadis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you located please (general)?

BR

John
mpan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm located in the U.S.
dolmadis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. Unless sought items are relatively small and you can ship economically by USPS and then there are potential customs duties, things could be too expensive to UK. Do you have any photo tubes or NFK eyepieces you want to sell? Any objectives in your sale list?

BR

John
mpan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, I'm at work but I'll get back later and let you know specifics. I do have objectives and eyepieces,not sure if they're the ones your looking for though.
dolmadis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to keep these.
mpan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolmadis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

I can see the red "SPlan" engraving on the lenses but no other details.

Are they infinite or finite? (others may know on sight but I do not).

There appear to be two vertical illuminators in photo 1. One on top of the power supply and one below. Any details stamped/engraved on them please?

BR

John
mpan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the lenses he told me went with the BH-2. I don't see any scratches on the lenses, but I cant tell what condition the 40x and 20x are in. Also, I believe I have a 100x along with the UV shield and other things that went with the microscope but I'm slowly fishing them out of storage.

dolmadis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

I will talk you through very quickly what I see in the photographs very generally and not every piece.

Thanks. So these are Olympus finite 160mm objectives. SPlan. 3 are designated FL or FL2?. Nice intermediate lenses but not Apo's !!. Untested of course (important to us here) but cosmetically look quite good. As you know the latter is not a prime consideration for us here but a pointer.

As you have a UV shield and a UV calibration lens then it is likley that you have a UV lighting unit in the (more than one stand) Olympus kit you have photographed. The power unit is labelled "Mercury". Electrical condition? I would personally be cautious about firing any UV kit up without careful professional pre examination and advice. Without protection UV light can damage eyes permanently. Unknown condition UV bulbs have been known to explode very violently. (edit... and issue mercury into the air - risk?)

The second microscope (black) appears to be a 1950's to 1970's epi microscope (reflected light). Cook and Perkins is the only name I could read. This could well be of interest to collectors in the UK and Europe.

A no name (to me) boxed micrometer eyepiece.

Some eyepieces.

(Another stand?)

The third is a Russian Lomo. But nice rotating stage.

There is a box for a Sigma lens. Worth checking out condition of the lens and camera fitting.

You will have to make some decisions about exactly what you want to sell unless someone makes an offer for the whole lot or in groups of kit.

Or do you want to "part it out" to raise enough funds here on the forum or elsewhere as you suggested in your first post?

If you are not able to put prices on items do you want any offers from Members by PM?

I hope that this helps a bit.

BR

John

Last edited by dolmadis on Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
dolmadis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent PM, Mike.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: