Novoflex Flash Grip

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Novoflex Flash Grip

Post by Ken Ramos »

I have always had a great deal of respect for German craftsmanship and I am not just saying that because of our prestigious membership from that area of the world. I purchased this through B & H Photo for $174.00US and some change. The Novoflex Flash grip so far has proven itself to be just the ticket for my photographic skills at present.

Made in Germany from what seems or appears to be machined bar stock aluminum, whether aircraft grade or not I do not know but it is quite sturdy at 8 oz. in weight. The camera can be positioned at various points along the bar stock bracket and there is adaquate room for a quick release plate for tripods that have such. I do quite a bit of backcountry hiking and carrying a dSLR can get quite burdensome at times but with this grip the camera can be comfortably and securely held in the hand while out and about.

The ball and socket head on the flash grip makes positioning of the flash above and to the side of the camera quite easy and for shooting macro I can get the flash a bit more in front of the lens. Though there are still some drawbacks to my set up shown here, the Novoflex Flash Grip has quite a number of attachments to accomodate various flash set ups. By removing the "grip" from the bracket, two different, what I call "butterfly" attachments can be used for mulitple flashes (See more at www.bhphotovideo.com).

Attachment to the tripod is a bit off center but does not pose any tip over problems if you are using a high end tripod which is of moderate weight or in other words not quite as heavy as a "Buick Straight Eight." It has been a long time since I have seen one of those beasts but I am assuming you get the idea. Anyway I am delighted with my purchase and thought it might be of interest to some of you. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic