Microscopium - The Microscopists’ Fair

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Alan Wood

Microscopium - The Microscopists’ Fair

Post by Alan Wood »

The Quekett Microscopical Club's annual sales event is on Saturday 21st October 2017 in St Stephen’s Church Hall, 14 Watling Street, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 2PX, starting at 10:00 a.m.

Non-members are welcome.

Members and perhaps dealers will be selling used microscopes, objectives, slides, books and all sorts of bits and pieces. Get there in the morning for the best bargains. Tea, coffee and biscuits are available all day for a small charge. Small car park adjacent to the churchyard.

Items are sold at reasonable prices for the benefit of amateur microscopists, NOT to be subsequently sold on eBay at great profit, and anyone found doing so will not be welcome at future meetings.

We cannot predict what will be available, but last year's meeting report will give you an idea of what to expect:

http://www.quekett.org/about/reports/20 ... ium-public

Alan Wood

Harald

Post by Harald »

Hi there Alan,
I would love to be there, but living in Norway it takes more planning.
Some day, some day my friend :D
Kind Regards
Harald

Lier Fotoklubb / NSFF
AFIAP / CPS
BGF / GMV
http://www.500px.com/blender11

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

I cannot stop drooling from the other side of the pond.

Great work, Alan! It takes lots of efforts to establish and run such meets and events. But it is always fun, when enough people show up!

Maybe those who are wiling to sell/ship internationally can post listings on a web site like this as well? Just a thought.
Selling my Canon FD 200mm F/2.8 lens

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic