www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Bellows help
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bellows help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormfoxy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Bellows help Reply with quote

Hello,
I recently joined this forum to aid me in my macro hobby.
I've been having a hard time figuring something out and was wondering if any advice could be available.

I have a sony a7ii and have been trying to figure out how to attach Nikon pb-6 bellows without much luck. The internet suggests using an extension tube or an adapter but I find both solutions don't work.

Anybody done this before who could guide me to a correct solution?

Thanks.
Pau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post more details? What adapters you tried and what didn't work and so

In principle a short Nikon extension tube (maybe not needed) and a Nikon to Sony E adapter should work.

BTW, welcome to the forum!
stormfoxy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pau wrote:
Could you post more details? What adapters you tried and what didn't work and so

In principle a short Nikon extension tube (maybe not needed) and a Nikon to Sony E adapter should work.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Okay so this may make more sense.
I screw my extension tubes into the pb6 bellows just fine however to attach to my camera body I would need the male thread side which I used to attach to the pb6.

Maybe some sort of m42 adapter that is male to male?
Pau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Nikon bellows must have a Nikon F rear male mount, so you just need an adapter from Nikon F "lens" to Sony E mount camera, like most of the items at
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=nikon+F+to+Sony+E+adapter-+booster&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xnikon+F+to+Sony+E+adapter+-booster.TRS0&_nkw=nikon+F+to+Sony+E+adapter+-booster&_sacat=0
stormfoxy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pau wrote:
No, the Nikon bellows must have a Nikon F rear male mount, so you just need an adapter from Nikon F "lens" to Sony E mount camera, like most of the items at
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=nikon+F+to+Sony+E+adapter-+booster&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xnikon+F+to+Sony+E+adapter+-booster.TRS0&_nkw=nikon+F+to+Sony+E+adapter+-booster&_sacat=0

Thanks for the help.
However i figured it out, turns out I'm an idiot I've been focusing on the wrong side of the bellows. My adapter works fine after I turned them around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: