Sigma 150 vs Voigtlander 125 APO-Lanthar Sharpness Test @ 1X

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

mawyatt wrote:Robert,

Don't know what happened to this thread, it seemed to stop.

Anyway, you were going to do some evaluations with other lenses using the silicon wafer test subject. Is that still a possibility? I ordered a couple more wafers, hoping to find a good one that's photogenic.

After I recover from Irma I'll try and get to imaging these.

Best,

Mike
Hi Mike,

I planned to do some more testing this weekend but I couldn't make the extra time. Tomorrow I am driving up north to pick up another microscope Z column so I don't have a chance to test until the end of the week.

I plan to do Sigma 180 vs Nikon 200 ED micro-nikkor and Sigma 180 vs APO-Lanthar.

Glad you found the test and the wafer target interesting.

Robert

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Chris S. wrote:....Yay! I look forward to seeing Robert's further tests.

Best,

--Chris S.
I will keep it up as long as people are interested. :D

Thanks for the help, as always Chris!

Robert

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

RobertOToole wrote:
mawyatt wrote:Robert,

Don't know what happened to this thread, it seemed to stop.

Anyway, you were going to do some evaluations with other lenses using the silicon wafer test subject. Is that still a possibility? I ordered a couple more wafers, hoping to find a good one that's photogenic.

After I recover from Irma I'll try and get to imaging these.

Best,

Mike
Hi Mike,

I planned to do some more testing this weekend but I couldn't make the extra time. Tomorrow I am driving up north to pick up another microscope Z column so I don't have a chance to test until the end of the week.

I plan to do Sigma 180 vs Nikon 200 ED micro-nikkor and Sigma 180 vs APO-Lanthar.

Glad you found the test and the wafer target interesting.

Robert
Hi Robert,

Glad this is still going!!

Yes very interested, if you do a quick eval of the Nikon 105mm VR macro that would be nice (show just how good or bad mine is, haven't been that impressed with it near 1:1).

Best,

Mike

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

mawyatt wrote:
Hi Robert,

Glad this is still going!!

Yes very interested, if you do a quick eval of the Nikon 105mm VR macro that would be nice (show just how good or bad mine is, haven't been that impressed with it near 1:1).

Best,

Mike
Yes, I almost forgot, Nikon NY is sending me a AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D IF-ED and Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G AF-S VR later this week. So I will have 2 weeks to get them on the bench with a wafer to see what they both can do.

Thanks for the interest.

Robert

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Count me as very interested!! Thanks for doing these.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic