Chrysops relictus (?)

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

laszlokupi

Chrysops relictus (?)

Post by laszlokupi »

An experiment with tube lenses. First photo is taken with 200mm/2.8 tube lens at f/4 with Nikon E Plan 10x/2.8.
The one below is the same setup but with a 2x Extender adjusted. Is it 20x magnification than?
Stacked with Zerene (Dmap retouched with Pmax) on a WeMacro rail.
The first photo was easy to retouch but on the higher magnification, the details are not so fine, needed more retouching.
Still a lot to learn and try but getting slowly better. :)

laszlokupi

ID help

Post by laszlokupi »

I would be glad if someone can help me with the ID. Seems to be one of the most common horseflies, but I am not an expert. Is it Chrysops relictus?

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

It seems that you have some focus banding, more apparent at the second picture. It may be due to steps too long or some steps missing.
Pau

laszlokupi

Post by laszlokupi »

Thanks Pau, quite possible, due to the first time I used my 7D, and it has no option to set up the mirror lock up in 2sec automatically like on 5Dsr, but it may also caused the 7micron steps in 20X magnification. 4-5 microns could work better.
Pau wrote:It seems that you have some focus banding, more apparent at the second picture. It may be due to steps too long or some steps missing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic