Quick Test of WeMacro vs. Mitutoyo 5X

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

hero wrote:Given how difficult it was to discern any differences in the initial sample images, I am honestly a bit shocked at the results from the toner-on-paper testing. Guess I'm gonna have to save up my pennies for a Mitutoyo.

In a related vein, I've read the FAQ and related posts several times over but I still can't figure out what pieces I need to attach a Mitutoyo (say, 10x) to my camera. I've got a 5D3 and presently the only candidate tube lenses I own are a 100/2.8 macro and a 70-200/2.8 zoom. I have a 300/2.8 as well but at 6 pounds and a front element exceeding 100 mm in diameter, it's obviously out of the question.
You just need a Mitutoyo to 42mm or 52mm adapter and a few rings to cover other lens filter diameter threads like 58, 62, 68, and 77mm for example. All are available on eBay, WeMacro and MJKZZ carry the Mitutoyo adapters. The objective mounts to the adapter, and the adapter mounts to the tube lens filter threads, or rings if you need other thread diameters. Very simple and not expensive.

Best,

Mike

Saul

Post by Saul »

hero wrote:...I've read the FAQ and related posts several times over but I still can't figure out what pieces I need to attach a Mitutoyo (say, 10x) to my camera...
My approach:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 921#186921
Saul
μ-stuff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic