Pyrenomycete, lichen, or eumycetozoa?

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Pyrenomycete, lichen, or eumycetozoa?

Post by Ken Ramos »

Substrate is fallen and decaying Hemlock, Lake James State Park, Western North Carolina, July 2017

Canon EOS7D w/Sigma f/2.8 EX DG 50 mm macro f/18 @1/200 sec. ISO 100 Canon 430EXII Speedlite PP: Photoshop Elements 14

Pitufo

Post by Pitufo »

They have holes in the top, so it could be a pyrenomycete which has seen better days - maybe had some kind of infection itself..

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Right off hand I did not notice any ostiloes, though upon closer examination there appears to be a few that are displaying such. I was hoping for a new slime mold never encountered by myself. Thanks :)

tpe

Post by tpe »

So almost learnt a couple of new words today.

But are the ostioles at approx 30% across and 20 up on the second image (black dot) or are they in the barnacle looking parts which might be some kind of fruiting body where i would more have expected them to be? It would be nice to see a super close up of them if the second?

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

tpe wrote:So almost learnt a couple of new words today.

But are the ostioles at approx 30% across and 20 up on the second image (black dot) or are they in the barnacle looking parts which might be some kind of fruiting body where i would more have expected them to be? It would be nice to see a super close up of them if the second?
The ostiole would be around the center of the fruit body, exactly where you would expect them. Here is a much closer image of them and not saying that they are not the spore pores or ostioles (white arrows) but they really don't look it. Dunno :-k

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic