www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Triolobite beetle
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Triolobite beetle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Triolobite beetle Reply with quote

This was kind of an odd one, that I was very pleased to find. I didn't have time to get some flash diffusers out which is a real shame as can bee seen from the arial shot, so there is too much flash glare. This was because i was getting eaten by several leaches at the time which was kind of off putting. It was nice that it was busy eating the slime mold which also mean that if i was not so fidgety it should have been a good opportunity to get nice shots. On the original you can see that there are a bunch of mites hitchhiking on the underside (They can just be seen here), and there is something odd that I cant identify under the tail. Oh well next time I hope Smile

Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The slime mold appears to be Physarum polycephalum, as for the object under the tail, reproductive organ maybe? Think
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: