Wanted phase contrast objectives

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

MicroscopeM

Wanted phase contrast objectives

Post by MicroscopeM »

Hello the forum, I need to buy a 40x and 100x phase contrast objectives. They are to fit a Zeiss Jennamed 2 which is an infinity corrected machine.

Could I use Olympus or Nikon infinity phase objectives instead of Zeiss infinity objectives?

Thanks for your time.

MicroscopeM

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Could I use Olympus or Nikon infinity phase objectives instead of Zeiss infinity objectives?

It can't be said a priori without testing: the condenser and objective phase rings must be matched (same optical size and conjugate optical plane) and there is quite a variation between makers and models, so in principle no. Maybe in some cases they will match but buying objectives just to test may be an expensive way.
Pau

MicroscopeM

Post by MicroscopeM »

Thank you for your reply Pau.

If I purchased Zeiss infinity objectives then they should be ok or is it possible that objectives are actual make and model restricted?

I agree with you it would be easy to waste several hundred dollars especially since I have never touched a microscope before.

I may just have to buy an AmScope and be done with it.

Thanks again.

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic