Zerene – interface to the macro-rail

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Adalbert

Zerene – interface to the macro-rail

Post by Adalbert »

Hello everyone,
Does anybody know where can I find the description of the interface of the Zerere to the macro-rail ?
I’m thinking of upgrading to the professional version but first I would like to know how I can control by Zerene my macro-rail (driven by the Arduino).

BTW, I only have found some info concerning StackShot up to now :-(

BR, ADi

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

I don't think the Zerene controller interface code is available in any version.

I use Zerene to control my Stackshot rail, THK KR20 rail and other rails by using the Stackshot controller and custom cables from the Stackshot controller to rail stepper motor for the other than Stackshot rails.

Since Zerene has all the rail parameters programmable you can use rails with various screw thread pitches and motor steps and have things work as expected with correct rail positioning, speed and range.

The Stackshot controller is very flexible and with Zerene as the interface you get a very user friendly convenient way to control various rails without having to worry about motor step size variations, screw thread pitch and so on.

Best,

Mike

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Zerene Stacker only knows how to talk to the StackShot controller. It will not drive any other controller such as an Arduino.

In theory an Arduino could be programmed to emulate a StackShot controller, but I'm not aware of anybody who has even tried that, let alone succeeded. The StackShot functionality and protocol are pretty complicated, and Zerene Stacker uses most of it.

--Rik

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hello Mike,
Actually, I have been looking for the description of the interface only (no code).
BR, Adi

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

HI Rik,
What a pity :-(
BR, ADi

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.
Is there a chance of adding support for WeMacro rail?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

JohnyM wrote:Is there a chance of adding support for WeMacro rail?
Realistically, that is so far down the priority list it will never happen.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic