spices revisited 3.82:1

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mtuell

spices revisited 3.82:1

Post by mtuell »

I finally got the 77-52 and 77-58 mm reversal rings in, so I could try out the Pentax 67 55 mm medium format lens reversed. The subject is the same as the 200/200 shots I got in this thread http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=34176.

Here, I also changed the tube lens from the Nikkor 55-200mm to old manual Tamron 80-210 that someone gave me (available for like $15 on eBay...)

So, this is at 210/55 = 3.82:1, with both lenses wide open (Tamron at f/3.8 and Pentax at f/4) with off-camera flash and a 2 second delayed trigger at 1/200th of a second ISO 100. Zerene DMap stack of 25 images.

And cross-eyed (PMax)

I've now put them on my site with parallel and bigger versions, as well as rocking.

For fun, I zoomed out to 80 mm on the Tamron, with the following result: vignetting, but not terrible, especially if cropped to a square. 80/55 = 1.45:1. This is a single shot just to get an idea of what it looks like. Closing the Tamron aperture increases the vignetting accordingly, so this is as good as it gets (on an APS-C Nikon D3300).

Speaking of the D3300, I am staring to think there is something wrong with it - I'm not crazy (well, it is driving me there... :x ) The remote (wired) shutter release for the off-camera flash used to take pictures when I pushed the button - now I'm just triggering the flash. So, I switched to a 2 second delay and pushed the button on the camera instead. It would do it's thing, I'd change focus and take another one. At the end, I was only getting 1-3 pictures before I had to "reboot" the camera - it gave no error that I could see, but the shutter release had no effect! :shock: This is in total manual mode without AF, so it really shouldn't be complaining about low light or not in focus - it should take a picture when I tell it to, dang it! :evil: Arggg...

I probably could have got a better stack with better lighting, but like I said, it was driving me nuts and I had to use what I had.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic