Looking for help with a Diaphot 200

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

redvalor

Looking for help with a Diaphot 200

Post by redvalor »

Hi!

I have microscope experience (in a research lab setting), and I have a background in fine art photography. But I have no experience in photomicrography.

I recently picked up a Diaphot 200 for a really great price. It is clean, everything looks good. But it is missing the power supply. I am also not quite sure what is needed to attach my D7200 body to it once it is up and running.

I've searched for the PCM-1120 power supply and haven't found anything.
Can I use a generic 12V 100W supply? Could I avoid the whole problem by converting it to LED?

As for the camera connection-- do I need a phototube? The microscope has the photo port on the left side (not on the front). I found a Nikon V-T tube but I'm not sure if that is what I need.

Thanks so much for reading. I'm really excited to get this thing up and running!
~Erin

Ichthyophthirius

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

Hi Erin,

Can you post a few images of the microscope? That'll make things easier.

Here is the manual: http://files.lordil.fr/manuel-microscop ... ot-200.pdf On page 39 you can see that a camera is mounted on the side port. Nikon's original adapter used a PL projection lens, but other options might be possible.

The manual describes an alternative by installing a trinocular head but I don't know which models would fit this microscope.

Regards, Ichty

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Hi Erin, welcome aboard!
I've searched for the PCM-1120 power supply and haven't found anything.
Can I use a generic 12V 100W supply?
Yes, it will work, both AC or DC. Of course you need one with voltage regulation
Could I avoid the whole problem by converting it to LED?
Yes, although it is more complex than adding a power source for the halogen and it has both advantages and disadvantages. Some of us have done it -including myself-
The best position for the LED will be inside the lamp house at the very same position of the lamp filament. If you want to follow this way we can discuss it later.
Pau

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic