www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Olympus Macro Rig
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Olympus Macro Rig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
houstontx

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Olympus Macro Rig Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have some pieces that could be the beginning of a macro rig but I'm not sure If its worthwhile to try and make the BD objectives work. Could I remove the nosepiece and find or make some kind of adapter for LWD objectives? I know these BD objectives would be difficult to light...

Thanks,

Pau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
You have a nice support with excellent objectives, I'm sure that they could provide excellent results.

You can use BD objectives like non BD just obstructing the external illumination path with a O ring at the rear side of the objective or at the nosepiece.

If you want to illuminate the subject laterally from outside the objective removing the outer shell if doable could be convenient to have more WD and better illumination angle.

If you can get the matched Olympus epiilluminator with you device you can do both cross polarization and epi darkfield, two powerful illumination techniques.
houstontx

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pau,

I have a U-RLA I could add on for epi, but then I think I would be stuck with vertical rig. I will do some experimenting. I think what I'd like to avoid is having to use a DSLR with the BX trinocular system with PE eypiece. I think I may have to get a 3D printed custom piece for that...

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: