www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - handheld stack - woodlouse
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
handheld stack - woodlouse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iain

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: handheld stack - woodlouse Reply with quote

bit of an experiment with only some of the beast in focus - 51 shots 1/160 f4 iso 400 mp-e 65 magnification 3x

thanks for looking

Ta

Iain
MarkSturtevant

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good!
anvancy

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a beautiful shot.

51 shots on the MPE!!the hand must be paining afterwards. Very Happy

Anvancy

Raynox 150|Raynox 250|Raynox MSN 202|Canon MPE 65mm|Canon 100mm.|Wemacro Rail
Beatsy

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is amazing! Could you offer some tips on the physical technique? Assuming you didn't use a rail, how do you manage such small, incremental forward movements between frames? Thanks.
iain

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beatsy wrote:
This is amazing! Could you offer some tips on the physical technique? Assuming you didn't use a rail, how do you manage such small, incremental forward movements between frames? Thanks.

I think most of the technique I use is discussed in this post

Green-veined white

in some manner or form, but if there's anything specific not covered in there then let me know and I'll try my best to answer...

Iain
banania

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total mystery to me how you can manage these superb images handheld. Are you shooting the images one-by-one or are you using some sort of burst shooting mode. If you use burst shooting how can you change apperture during the stack? I guess you are not shooting in live view either and are not using EFSC. Just plain handheld stacking one shot at a time?

Really superb images!
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of some of the things found roaming around during the Cambrian. Interesting shot, very nice. Smile I'm not dating myself am I? I mean, I really wasn't around back during the Cambrian, I only read about it. Think
However, while there is grace where in all that I might live, while there is still breath in my being, while I may or may not accomplish anything more in life than to be living, I shall reflect upon the past, applying it to the present, for to possibly perceive to a near certainty, the outcome of the future.

Ken 2014
iain

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

banania wrote:
Total mystery to me how you can manage these superb images handheld. Are you shooting the images one-by-one or are you using some sort of burst shooting mode. If you use burst shooting how can you change apperture during the stack? I guess you are not shooting in live view either and are not using EFSC. Just plain handheld stacking one shot at a time?

Really superb images!

As you say, this is "Just plain handheld stacking one shot at a time" - there's a video of me in action at

handheld stack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: