Vorticella Colony?

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Walter Piorkowski

Vorticella Colony?

Post by Walter Piorkowski »

Vorticella Colony
Nikon S-Kt microscope
Savart DIC attachment
20X A/O Spencer Apo.
Nikon CFE 5X/18.6 projection eyepiece
Canon 10D camera
Vivitar 283 flash on M off flat first surface mirror under DIC turret

My first image to share from my new DIC setup.

Walt

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Walt... you are certainly getting a nice DIC look with the Nikon scope! This image worked out quite well... it's always tough to get a number of these in focus simultaneously.

(BTW... I finally have a little time and will get that email off to you this weekend)

Walter Piorkowski

Post by Walter Piorkowski »

Thank you Charles. I dont know how my DIC affect compares to the Nomarski or Wollaston but this affect is achieved at the 'darkest" or black fringe setting. To better explain, this point is between two gray lighting affects highlighting the right or left of the subject depending on which side of the black fringe line you are on. The gray zone shows more detail to the eye but is difficult to balance exposure wise. Always 'hot' on one side of the subject vs the other. Do you experience the same affect?

Walt

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Walter... with the Olympus DIC (perhaps all DIC for all I know) I must also be cautious about the intensity of light along one edge or the other with many subjects. It is easy to "burn out" the highlights along an edge if I am not careful with the DIC adjustment and camera exposure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic