CombineZP Crashing

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

AlxndrBrg

Post by AlxndrBrg »

If you are considering buying more RAM at today's steep prices I would recommend testing the free trial versions of other stacking software before you splurge on memory.
Besides, it seems like its the cores and not the RAM that is giving you grief, so wouldn't buying more RAM simply make the "time until inevitable crash" shorter? Or am I being ignorant of some sort of core/RAM interplay?

MontanaMonk

CombineZP software and crashes

Post by MontanaMonk »

Pau wrote:I can't find the installer but I have the software already installed, I could send you the files next Monday if you find it useful, right now I'm going to a short trip.
I have posted the file I used for installation of CombineZP on my web site. The a link is on the Downloads page: http://montanamonk.com/ytdownloads.html

I also found a solution for the crashes I was having. I don't have anything like the number of images others are using (I'm using 24), but I had constant crashes with "Pyramid Do Stack" and "Pyramid Weighted Average". I tried changing the number of cores and those macros worked...as long as I didn't exit the program. Rerunning the program from the shortcut created during installation resulted in the same crashes. Changing cores to something different and running the failed macros worked, again, as long as I didn't exit the program. Finally, for no good reason, I ran the program from the installed location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Alan Hadley\CombineZP\CombineZP.exe), not from a shortcut. I made the core changes and the failed macros worked. Then I ran the program from the shortcut and everything still worked.

I have no good explanation for why this solved my crash problem, but so far, it has continued to work. I have looked at the registry and the settings I have made show correctly. However, I have not done a complete uninstall to see if the registry would be correct just making changes while running from the shortcut. Hopefully this might help others with the crashes.

Deanimator

Re: CombineZP software and crashes

Post by Deanimator »

MontanaMonk wrote:However, I have not done a complete uninstall to see if the registry would be correct just making changes while running from the shortcut. Hopefully this might help others with the crashes.
You might want to try scrubbing it completely from the registry before trying to reinstall it. I've seen that be a problem with other software.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic