Night butterfly

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

microman

Night butterfly

Post by microman »

Very small night butterfly found in lamp. There was mayby 50 other small creatures all 1-4mm. Need to get myself a 20x !
This was 4mm including including wings with 10x

Not the most exciting shot mayby :P

Larger version in link.

http://forumbilder.com/image/E8L

Saul

Post by Saul »

Nice light/background separation. Interesting details ("haircut") above the eye.
Saul
μ-stuff

abpho

Post by abpho »

That is such a beautiful stack of a very clean specimen. I wish all my images turned out this well. :D
I'm in Canada! Isn't that weird?

microman

Post by microman »

Saul wrote:Nice light/background separation. Interesting details ("haircut") above the eye.
abpho wrote:That is such a beautiful stack of a very clean specimen. I wish all my images turned out this well. :D
Thanks, i used black velvet as background. Same stuff that i use for flocking tubes.

There was some out of focus haze around the outer edges but i did a quick photoshop job and masked it out. I see now the wing could have used some more natural looking masking but i get bored so fast and try not do do more than 10-15min of retuching in ps

In Zerene i used one Dmap output and one Pmax output where i filled out some of the details from the pmax and the better contrast from the dmap with a fairly large brush. Pretty easy target as it does not have alot of hairs or other small details overlapping.

I have ordered an Iris to try if i can get the oof haze under control by taking one last shot with iris closed down to get more pleasant oof behind the subject.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic