my new high mag macro set up

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

nathanm

my new high mag macro set up

Post by nathanm »

I have upgraded my set up in several ways that I thought people on the forum might find interesting:

1. I now use the PhaseOne IQ3 back (100 megapixel).

2. I am using a new stage by a company called Zaber (more below).

3. Tube lens is the Raynox 5320 AB set

The PhaseOne is interesting in part because I am using it without a shutter. The back supports both a global electronic shutter, and something called Aerial mode. Either way, I now have no shutter, and no shutter vibration.

Going forward, mirrorless cameras, and/or medium format backs have this as an advantage.

I use flash (Canon MT 24 in manual mode) for illumination.

I wanted a set up that would work with high mag (up to 50X), although most of my shooting is much lower. After looking at various stage companies I settled on Zaber. The best part is that they have very responsive with technical support. Their stages are not cheap but they work very well, and the software interface is pretty straightforward.

They have built in encoders (either motor or linear) which lets them guarantee placement. The stage never gets lost from gear backlash or the like.

I am using this with software that we wrote here to do the stacking control. On my transmitted light microscopes I still use the Zerene stacking tool for StackShot.

Here is a picture.

nathanm

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Impressive setup!
Pau

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

wow!! and it is using closed loop motor control, envious.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic