www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Bumblebee
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bumblebee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davross

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Bumblebee Reply with quote

I found this poor guy getting eaten by ants in my back garden.

Taken with Nikon D7200, 60mm Nikon Micro and kenko tubes on a velbon rail. (160 shots focus stacked)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

EditCR Title spelling was Bublebee
microman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did well. No stacking artifacting that i can see and the picture came out great. I really like the colors of the background.

I am quite new at this stacking buissniess and still got issues with getting alot of artifacts. Mayby its the light i use or something. Guess its takes time to learn how to get good results.
davholla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microman wrote:
You did well. No stacking artifacting that i can see and the picture came out great. I really like the colors of the background.

I am quite new at this stacking buissniess and still got issues with getting alot of artifacts. Mayby its the light i use or something. Guess its takes time to learn how to get good results.

What software do you use? I have often thought that commercial software e.g. Helicon, Zerene etc should give you some example files to test.
microman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davholla wrote:
microman wrote:

What software do you use? I have often thought that commercial software e.g. Helicon, Zerene etc should give you some example files to test.

I use Zerene. Tried helicon demo too but i feel Zerene gives more control over final result togheter with slabbing software like bugslabber. Also its cheaper if i remember right.
Troels

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this picture very much.
The lightning is dramatic but not unrealistic and there are hints of the background and environment.

Troels
Davross

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully my macro photography is improving.
Lou Jost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it looks like it is still alive. Either it IS still alive or you are really good at setting these guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: