www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Account hacked?
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Account hacked?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rudix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Account hacked? Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

I am not sure what happened but it seems like my account was either hacked or someone got access to it, both here and on Microhunter! (same login/password combination)

I noticed that my posts were edited/deleted and it looks like there was an attempt to change my email and password. Here the last bit fortunately seemed to fail as I still have access. On Microbehunter I no longer have access, it says my account is no longer active.

If anything bad was posted from my account I would like to apologize! I am hoping my password here is now more secure and I won't use the "public" computer at work to access the page again.

Thanks for listening and thanks for not de-activating my account!
Rudi
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing untoward reported this end, yet!
I noticed you re-applying for membership this morning, something which happens normally if someone changes their details.
We don't store passwords.
Rudix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisR wrote:
Nothing untoward reported this end, yet!
I noticed you re-applying for membership this morning, something which happens normally if someone changes their details.
We don't store passwords.

Hi Chris,

Yes, my password would not work, I could only browse as a guest so I noticed some of my posts were deleted/replaced by ...'s, I then asked for the activation mail to be sent again. I have now changed my password to a more robust one.

I think the problem might be "local", more as a joke than harm meant (Today's kids!!). Will make sure it does not happen again, sorry!

Regards,
Rudi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: