Springtail videos

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

LordV

Springtail videos

Post by LordV »

I've been playing around with a cheapo sports camera clone. For these videos I've replaced the lens with a cctv zoom lens with no IR cut filter. This seems to make it far more sensitive to light but gives a rather odd colour rendition which I have filtered a bit in PP (it also enables me to use it as a full IR camera when used in conjunction with an IR filter). The camera was £35 and the replacement lens about £12

Brian V.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lordv/323 ... ateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lordv/323 ... otostream/
www.flickr.com/photos/lordv
canon20D,350D,40D,5Dmk2, sigma 105mm EX, Tamron 90mm, canon MPE-65

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

As common as these must be, I have not seen many and I am sure I have not seen the cute little globular springtails. I suppose they are generally on the ground, in shaded areas?
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

LordV

Post by LordV »

MarkSturtevant wrote:As common as these must be, I have not seen many and I am sure I have not seen the cute little globular springtails. I suppose they are generally on the ground, in shaded areas?
They are common in Winter here. Yes they prefer damp areas so under fallen leaves is a good place to find them. They are rather small - the globular springtail are around 2mm long.
Brian v.

keks

Post by keks »

Very interesting to see such a small animal in its normal (my impression) behavior! Reminds me of a cow on its pasture.

LordV

Post by LordV »

keks wrote:Very interesting to see such a small animal in its normal (my impression) behavior! Reminds me of a cow on its pasture.
Thanks for the comments Keks- yes I always think of them as alien 6 legged cows.

Brian V.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic