Cheaper alternative of Nikon MM-11

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

mjkzz wrote:I have NO knowledge about microscopes, but recent experience tells me that a good granite check stand can be very good for stability. Though these stands come with claimed 25mm pole, mine was actually 24.3mm in diameter.
Thank you! Would you please provide an example of that granite stand and purchase link. A respected member may offer me a pole stand. If that one does not fit, then I will look into other options.

The focus block with bino head without eyepieces weights 7 lb 10 oz. Pretty heavy for what it is.
Selling my Canon FD 200mm F/2.8 lens

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

Oh, if you are getting a microscope base, I think it is better.

Anyways, here is a link to eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... d&_sacat=0

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Thank you, those stands look good. And cheap as well.

How long is your pole? And how heavy is the whole base/pole?

One of those eBay stand seems to be 10 lbs in weight, with a 10" long pole. Length sounds good.

Is 10lb base heavy enough though, for a 8 lb scope?

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

the one I got has a stainless steel pole of 10". I have the 12x8x2 inches granite base and it weighs 26.4lbs. I would try to mount the focus block as low as possible to reduce possible vibration (lower center of gravity). Not sure if it is enough for 7lbs focus block though as I do not have one.

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

mjkzz wrote:the one I got has a stainless steel pole of 10". I have the 12x8x2 inches granite base and it weighs 26.4lbs. I would try to mount the focus block as low as possible to reduce possible vibration (lower center of gravity). Not sure if it is enough for 7lbs focus block though as I do not have one.
Thank you very much! 26.4 lbs sounds like stable enough for a 8lb scope (camera will add a bit weight too).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic