www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - installing a darkfield condenser
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
installing a darkfield condenser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Micro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: installing a darkfield condenser Reply with quote

I recently bought a Olympus BHTU-BH2 on Ebay which came with a small box marked "darkfield". The microscope works well and I assume the condenser (DCD 0.92-0.8) does too. The problem is that I have no idea how to install it. No help is forthcoming from the internet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks
houstontx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have the dovetail circular bottom? Can you lower to condenser to its lowest position, slide in the darkfield condenser and then secure it with the small set screw and then move it back up to position?

Ive never installed one myself though...
Pau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very simple, you just need to remove one condenser and put the other in place, there are two Olympus main condenser mounting systems but I think that all BH2 do use the base dovetail mount referred by houstontx. Once mounted you must place it at the right height and perform a careful centering to get good dark field.

At http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/downloads.html you can download the manual of your microscope
Crusty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you both. I was able to get the darkfield condenser up and running.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Micro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: