Drosera capensis glands at 4x

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Davids

Drosera capensis glands at 4x

Post by Davids »

Still playing around with this Nikon Apo Plan 4x NA 0.20. Shot using a Fuji x-t1, nikon pb-6 bellows at ~160mm.

These are digestive glands of Drosera capensis 'red form'. The fact that the trichome stalks are red and semi-transparent makes lighting slightly tricky!

Saul

Post by Saul »

Nice composition & light
Saul
μ-stuff

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Very nice!
Hard to really judge from this size image but it would appear that the 4X is providing excellent images (as would be expected!)

Davids

Post by Davids »

Thanks Charles! Yes, this appears to be quite a lovely objective, especially brand new for $150!
I'd like to put together some shots for the forum to "test" the objective, but I'm embarrassingly clueless as to the procedure, even when it comes to doing a 100% crop or being able to post the image at the best resolution given the forum size limits. But, I'll keep playing around with it.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

a 100% crop
Yes it's an ambiguous description!
Simply, crop 1024 pixels wide from your original , unsharpened 5000 x 3500 or whatever-it-was image, and post that onto the forum.
If you make sure the memory it uses is something a bit under the forum limit of 300kB, it should be fine.
The subject does matter - specular highlights and extreme contrast can be misleading, so this image might not be the most appropriate.
Chris R

Sumguy01

Post by Sumguy01 »

=D> Very nice.
Thanks for sharing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic