Zerene Stacker on Mac Newbie Question

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

siliconGary

Zerene Stacker on Mac Newbie Question

Post by siliconGary »

Hi, I have downloaded Zerene Stacker (On a MacBook Air OS X 10.12.1). I can build stacks DMAP and PMAP, but run into problems trying to use the re-touch feature.

I have watched the tutorials but when I try using re-touch the 's' button does nothing so I cannot change source (Other than by selecting the file from the list), also undo (Command-Z or selecting undo from menu) does not work.
The shift key + two finger scroll allow me to cycle through the input files and I am able to change brush size (two finger scroll), pan (Space bar hold down trackpad and 1 finger scroll) and scale image (Space bar - shift + two finger scroll).

I looked over the website FAQ could't find anything specific to Mac use, or the guide for the idiot user! Has anyone else come across this, or can tell me what I am doing wrong?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Hello! I'm the fellow who wrote Zerene Stacker, and I answer all the support requests that get sent to support@zerenesystems.com . That's the preferred route for questions, but since I'm often on the forum here at photomacrography.net, I field questions here too.

Regarding undo, the trial version does support single-step undo, but only using in-memory structures to save the undo/redo information. If memory gets too tight, then even single-step may be disabled. This is more likely to happen if you are using relatively large images, small memory allocation, or large brush so that many pixels get modified. There is a Pro-only setting at Options > Preferences > Caching & Undo to "Enable advanced undo", which will remove those restrictions by spilling undo/redo information to disk.

Regarding the "s" key, that should work immediately in all versions on all types of computers, immediately replacing the "Current Retouched Image" with "<source image>" in the right-hand window.

However, I am aware of one particular Mac where pressing the "s" key does not work, and thus far I have not been able to find the problem. Extensive debugging, with special test versions of the software, indicate that the key-press and key-typed events are just disappearing, and I have no idea why that is. The situation is still on my short list of "most bizarre problems ever seen".

To proceed, I suggest the following sequence:
1. Launch Zerene Stacker and reproduce your problems.
2. Quit out of Zerene Stacker.
3. Locate the LastNormalLog.txt fille, using the procedure described at http://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/do ... n_send_you .
4. Send email to support@zerenesystems.com , attaching the LastNormalLog.txt file.

I look forward to more information.

Best regards,
--Rik

siliconGary

Post by siliconGary »

Thanks Rik for the response, I will get back to you with a log file.

I think I would have preferred it to be an idiot user thing rather than one of your most bizarre problems ever seen!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic