Lipinia vittigera

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Evgeny Kotelevsky

Lipinia vittigera

Post by Evgeny Kotelevsky »

Lipinia vittigera
June 2016
Cat Tien National Park, Vietnam

Image[/img]
Welcome to my web site - Herpetology

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

An interesting and colorful little skink. It appears, in regrads to the coloration, that it may be aposematic but for what few references that I read through, none even mentioned any predatory activity regarding the skink as being fair game, much less any warning coloration in regards to predators, though I am sure there must be a few predators lurking somewhere in the shadows. :)

Evgeny Kotelevsky

Post by Evgeny Kotelevsky »

Ken Ramos wrote:An interesting and colorful little skink. It appears, in regrads to the coloration, that it may be aposematic but for what few references that I read through, none even mentioned any predatory activity regarding the skink as being fair game, much less any warning coloration in regards to predators, though I am sure there must be a few predators lurking somewhere in the shadows. :)
This skink is really tiny. When I saw it first time I thought it was an ant carrying a piece of damselfly's abdomen (several damselflies with red abdomen lived in an artificial pond nearby). After a close look I recognised a skink :) What about predators...I think the best possible candidates are birds.
Welcome to my web site - Herpetology

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic