www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Olympus Image Share and Focus Bracketing
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Olympus Image Share and Focus Bracketing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bralex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Olympus Image Share and Focus Bracketing Reply with quote

I'm attempting to use the Olympus Image Share app to take some focus-bracketed pictures. I can use the app just fine for single shots, but, even when the camera is all set for bracketing, I can find no way to get the app to take anything other than a single shot.

Anyone able to get this working? There's no equivalent to the menus in the tethered Olympus Capture software, at least that I can find.

Thanks
Scott
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea Scott, but it might help (or not) if we knew the camera model Wink.
zzffnn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympus Image Share and Focus Bracketing Reply with quote

bralex wrote:
I'm attempting to use the Olympus Image Share app to take some focus-bracketed pictures. I can use the app just fine for single shots, but, even when the camera is all set for bracketing, I can find no way to get the app to take anything other than a single shot.

Anyone able to get this working? There's no equivalent to the menus in the tethered Olympus Capture software, at least that I can find.

Thanks
Scott

Scott,

They worked for me (with E-M10 II, auto m4/3 lenses, on Android smartphone). Simply holding shutter release button on the phone app will run bracketing. Removing finger will stop it.
bralex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, my apologies for not mentioning that. E-M5 Mk II with a 40-150 Pro lens. Attempting to run on my ipad.

zzffnn, I will have to give that a try this afternoon - it wouldn't have occurred to me to hold the button down!
jojm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,
Did you check if your lens isn't already focused at infinity before you took the photo?
The focus bracketing always stops when focus is on infinity.
Just to test if this could happen, pull back the MP ring on the lens, put the distance on 10ft, replace the MP ring in auto-focus position then try again.
bralex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jojm wrote:
Scott,
Did you check if your lens isn't already focused at infinity before you took the photo?
The focus bracketing always stops when focus is on infinity.
Just to test if this could happen, pull back the MP ring on the lens, put the distance on 10ft, replace the MP ring in auto-focus position then try again.

Yes, I did check. I can do everything fine (I shot some snowflakes today! - Fun!) but nothing allows me to bracket with the app. Just means I need to be careful about pressing the shutter until I get a remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: