www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Loxophyllum
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Loxophyllum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wim van Egmond

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Loxophyllum Reply with quote

Because of the post by Dusko in the macro forum, of an unidentified ciliate, this is Loxophyllum under different illuminations, yes, yes, it is more than 3, but otherwise it would not be complete!!! I made them smaller to avoid that Ken becomes realy angry! Smile It is a good subect to show the different illumination techniques because this organism is very transparent!

Wim

Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too early in the morning to get angry Wim, I've not had enough coffee as of yet to get stirred up real good. Laughing You guys never cease to amaze me with your microscopy techniques, these are some really good images Wim. Surprised I moved Duskos post over here too by the way. Though it is shot with a reversed lens, the subject matter leans more towards microscopy.

I thought I left making "command decisions" behind when I left the Navy. Think Laughing
Wim van Egmond

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I am of course teasing a bit. I hope you'll enjoy the coffee! It is lunchtime over here.

It is sometimes hard to say if a subject is micro or macro. I tend to think of the insect close ups (like your recent fly image) as macro, or super macro and the microorganisms as micro. Although the word macro is a bit strange because it means big! But it does not matter that much. If the image is great i don't mind in which forum I see it! Smile

Wim
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it is hard to make a call on matters such as this. Duskos image was taken with a reversed lens on his camera which indeed is used quite often in macro shooting but the subject matter and the degree of magnification having been produced, tends to lean more towards the micro side of the house. So I based my decision on magnification and type of subject matter. Thanks Wim. Very Happy
Dusko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Wim for posting those magnificent photos I am speechless ! Indeed this creature look like the one on my photo.

I myself was in doubt where to post my topic because of the subject photographed macro rather than micro Confused
I am glad we sorted that one out Smile

Kind regards, Dusko.
twebster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi y'all, Very Happy

As always, Wim, incredible images Exclamation Very Happy

You know I thought I made the gallery descriptions pretty easy to tell where to post an image. If you made the image through a microscope, put it in the microscopy gallery. If you did not use a microscope put it into the macro gallery. Is there a better way to do this? Please, let me know. I don't want to cause confusion amongst our members.

Best regards to all as always, Very Happy

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

The worst day photographing dragonflies is better than the best day working! Smile
Wim van Egmond

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tom!!!

And my appologies for raising questions Smile But what to do with a microscope lens attached directly to a camera? Smile

But your explanation is clear. And when you have doubt, than just think which public would be most suitable for the image. Insects are better for the macroforum and microorganisms more suitable for the micro.

Wim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: