Damsel

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

puzzledpaul

Damsel

Post by puzzledpaul »

Came across this individual 'settling down' for the night (pond in local botanical gardens)
Various physical problems taking pics + light was failing (about 2030), but anyway ... it seemed (relatively) unconcerned with my messing about.

Canon 10D
100mm macro + tubes
550ex flash + reflector
1/200, F16, iso100
custom monopod+2 extra legs.
1700 x 2550 crop slightly rotated from inset orig (2k x 3k)

pp

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Something about this image...maybe the eyes that I like. It just seems to capture and hold ones attention. :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

An excellent headshot paul. Incredible detail and the eyes look like pearls :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

puzzledpaul

Post by puzzledpaul »

Thx - Ken, Doug ... yes, their eyes are fascinating, aren't they ... not as 'dramatically extrovert' as those on the critter recently posted by Sue ... just emphasises what wonders we normally miss 'cos it's so small :)

pp

Erland R.N.

Post by Erland R.N. »

Great angle and focus. A bit of shine from the flash on the dark parts of the head, but thats not too distracting.
My guess would be Variale Bluet (Coenagrion pulchellum), but impossible to tell from this angle I think.

Erland

jmlphoto

Post by jmlphoto »

Ken Ramos wrote:Something about this image...maybe the eyes that I like. It just seems to capture and hold ones attention. :D
couldn't have said it better myself. i cant seem to look away even with the shallow DOF.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic