Daring Jumping Spider - Phidippus audax

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jaharris1001

Daring Jumping Spider - Phidippus audax

Post by jaharris1001 »

I just read that these are quite aggresive and will chase you if agitated :D luckily,, this guy was quite shy and didnt stick around very long :D

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Like the back lighting in this but again, it seems you need to crank up the flash a bit and stop down more for better DOF. Then again...I dunno, can't do much better myself most of the time. :D

jaharris1001

Post by jaharris1001 »

Ken Ramos wrote:Like the back lighting in this but again, it seems you need to crank up the flash a bit and stop down more for better DOF. Then again...I dunno, can't do much better myself most of the time. :D
:D ,, thanks Ken,,, this is another one of those,, actually got 2 shots off on this guy before he took off,, not a whole lot of time to adjust :D thanks again for the input :D It does need some DOF adjustment :wink:

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

such a cute little guy.

jaharris1001

Post by jaharris1001 »

Adrian wrote:such a cute little guy.
Thanks Adrian,, I think he's a cute lil fella too :D thank goodnes he didnt jump on me though :shock:

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I have seen these up here in New hampshire (or their northern Cousins). Rather large black jumpers with bright green fangs.....you always remember the fangs...the fangs....the fangs :shock: Sorta like a customized, tricked-out spider.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

tpe

Post by tpe »

What great colours, and portrait shot getting him to look at you just right, nice shot.

tim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic