Loxophyllum

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Wim van Egmond

Loxophyllum

Post by Wim van Egmond »

Because of the post by Dusko in the macro forum, of an unidentified ciliate, this is Loxophyllum under different illuminations, yes, yes, it is more than 3, but otherwise it would not be complete!!! I made them smaller to avoid that Ken becomes realy angry! :) It is a good subect to show the different illumination techniques because this organism is very transparent!

Wim

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

It's too early in the morning to get angry Wim, I've not had enough coffee as of yet to get stirred up real good. :lol: You guys never cease to amaze me with your microscopy techniques, these are some really good images Wim. :o I moved Duskos post over here too by the way. Though it is shot with a reversed lens, the subject matter leans more towards microscopy.

I thought I left making "command decisions" behind when I left the Navy. :-k :lol:

Wim van Egmond

Post by Wim van Egmond »

:) I am of course teasing a bit. I hope you'll enjoy the coffee! It is lunchtime over here.

It is sometimes hard to say if a subject is micro or macro. I tend to think of the insect close ups (like your recent fly image) as macro, or super macro and the microorganisms as micro. Although the word macro is a bit strange because it means big! But it does not matter that much. If the image is great i don't mind in which forum I see it! :)

Wim

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Sometimes it is hard to make a call on matters such as this. Duskos image was taken with a reversed lens on his camera which indeed is used quite often in macro shooting but the subject matter and the degree of magnification having been produced, tends to lean more towards the micro side of the house. So I based my decision on magnification and type of subject matter. Thanks Wim. :D

Dusko

Post by Dusko »

Thank you very much Wim for posting those magnificent photos I am speechless ! Indeed this creature look like the one on my photo.

I myself was in doubt where to post my topic because of the subject photographed macro rather than micro :?
I am glad we sorted that one out :)

Kind regards, Dusko.

twebster

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all, :D

As always, Wim, incredible images :!: :D

You know I thought I made the gallery descriptions pretty easy to tell where to post an image. If you made the image through a microscope, put it in the microscopy gallery. If you did not use a microscope put it into the macro gallery. Is there a better way to do this? Please, let me know. I don't want to cause confusion amongst our members.

Best regards to all as always, :D
Tom Webster

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

The worst day photographing dragonflies is better than the best day working! :)

Wim van Egmond

Post by Wim van Egmond »

Thank you Tom!!!

And my appologies for raising questions :) But what to do with a microscope lens attached directly to a camera? :)

But your explanation is clear. And when you have doubt, than just think which public would be most suitable for the image. Insects are better for the macroforum and microorganisms more suitable for the micro.

Wim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic