Mount Rainier

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

microcollector

Mount Rainier

Post by microcollector »

Yesterday dawned as a foggy cool day here in Port Orchard. My wife and I took off for a day of hiking at Mount Rainier. We have never tired off visiting and hiking around the mountain. This hike took us from Sunrise out to Skyscraper Peak. We got to enjoy the wildflowers, marmots, and just missed a trailside bear. For most of the day the mountain presented itself in all it sunlit glory. Late in the afternoon the thunderheads were piling up and we had a shower on the drive home. One of the views we had on the trip back looked as if the mountain was erupting. Once home it was all in the clear again and colored like peach ice cream at sunset.

micro minerals - the the unseen beauty of the mineral kingdom
Canon T5i with Canon 70 - 200 mm f4L zoom as tube lens set at 200mm, StacK Shot rail, and Mitutoyo 5X or 10X M plan apo objectives.

My Mindat Mineral Photos
http://www.mindat.org/user-362.html#2

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Very cool. I haven't been to Rainier in about 15 years, long before I got seriously into photography. I like the third photo best, I think.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Can't say as to which I like the best. Number one is impressive and number three is really grand, though something would bother me in the shadow of a dormant volcano these days. However I have been around a number of them. A very nice series of images. Maybe one day I may get out that way when I retire the second time around. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic