Some of my pre-stacking pictures

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Troels

Some of my pre-stacking pictures

Post by Troels »

I have studied this site for a few months, learned a lot and now I do feel ready to contribute with some of my own pictures.

Although I am fairly new to focus stacking I am an experienced nature photographer. So first I will present a few of my pre-stacking photos demonstrating my old habit of looking for the thin focus plane of the motif.
I like when pictures tell a story or depict the animals and plants in a nice, perhaps surprising way. Sorry for me not knowing all English common names of plants and animals. I will try to supply the scientific names when possible.

Unidentified spider in its web among blueberries (Vaccinium myrtilus).

Another unidentified spider in hiding position in a pod of broom (Cytisus scoparius).

Appreciating the macroscape.
Large format on Flickr

A rare plant only growing at a few localities in Denmark, th Ophrys insectifera. The flower is imitationg the look and smell of a female wasp tricking the male to try a copulation and thereby pollinating the flower.

The carnivore plant Drosera rotundifolia has caught a big prey, a Lycaena Phleas. Athough diffusers to soften the light are very important in extreme macro, inthis case, I think, a diffusor would have spoiled the picture completely.
Large format on Flickr

I Spotted the strange behaviour of this bee and discovered that it didn't move by itself. The ant had found it and was now strugglling to pull it home.
Large format on Flickr

Next time I will show some pictures from my studio and my first stacking experiences.

Troels
Last edited by Troels on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Troels Holm, biologist (retired), environmentalist, amateur photographer.
Visit my Flickr albums

thirtyfivemill

Post by thirtyfivemill »

Looking forward to seeing your work. I lived many years in Denmark and have visited pretty much every town and village i Denmark. I lived by the embassies in Copenhagen and by the railways station in Odense for several years. Form the 40 countries I've lived in, if I had to choose one, I'd live in Denmark again. Love the people and the the generally laid back nature. I'm back in the UK but have still not given up hope of returning to your shores. My wife is as English as they comes, however, so it won't be an easy pitch!

leonardturner

Post by leonardturner »

Very nice and interesting work. You clearly have a special knowledge and appreciation of your subjects. I think you will enjoy the stacking experience; I anticipate seeing more in the future.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic