Grape Hyacinth

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from one of the "Macro and Close-up" galleries to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Beatsy

Grape Hyacinth

Post by Beatsy »

Testing how far the Canon 100mm f/2.8 L macro can be pushed. Mounted it on a 5d Mk II with 37mm of extension tubes and a 1.4x tele-extender for this image. Quality holds up surprisingly well with 2x onto the sensor at minimum focus distance. Stack of around 150 images.The background was composited in afterwards.

Olympusman

Grape Hyacinth

Post by Olympusman »

Nice one.

Mike
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

Really nice composition and colour. It would make a great art print if you could get the colour just right on the print. I think printing shades of blue can be tricky. I think the Canon 100mm L IS Macro doesn't always get the credit it deserves. Yes it's expensive, though there are second hand options quite frequently. It's an off the shelf solution, it's very sharp, and the IS really does work. I haven't seen a head to head with the Oly 60mm macro that wayupnorth has been showcasing. http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 499#186499 That looks pretty sharp and is quite a bit cheaper, but then it doesn't have in-lens IS. On the Oly OM-D M1 it looks potentially a nice combo for field macro.
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

I really like the details and soft blue tones. Interesting composition also.

Great job.

Robert

JohnKoerner

Post by JohnKoerner »

RobertOToole wrote:I really like the details and soft blue tones. Interesting composition also.

Great job.

Robert
+1

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic