More international bug smugglers!

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mike B in OKlahoma

More international bug smugglers!

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Interesting. I would say that the possiblity of something like that happening here in the US is quite good. There are many places which I trek through here in the mountains, that have protected plant, insect, and animal life and these areas are plainly posted that nothing can be taken from them. There are other areas too that are protected by the Nature Conservancy and not even a walk through these areas is permitted. :shock: Quite sad actually but things are becoming extinct due to the intrusion of mankind and therefore must be protected as much as possible. Yet with the worlds population growing at such the rate that it is and with global warming threatening to displace even a greater number of people along the coastal areas, causing them to move farther inland, soon there will undoubtedly be no protected areas, if any, that have not been scathed by our presence. The land that we now inhabit is, for the most part to my understanding, taxed. Meaning that it is just bearly able to sustain and support life as we know it now, agriculturally. Not to mention the excessive amount of garbage we humans produce individually in a single day, which add to the already demanding problem of pollution. Tis a sad case indeed that even scientific study is hampered by the suspicions of our actions. I hope these three do not end up serving a prison sentence as did the Russian team but poaching and other such similar actions involving immense capital gain, seems to be a problem taken quite seriously worldwide, I am assuming. :|

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic