Flash triggers

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

JohnyM

Flash triggers

Post by JohnyM »

Hello!
Im building a "macroscope" basing on old PZO microscope, bellows, trinocular head and other parts. I want to use a6000 with 3 flashes in total (PORST MDC-400). 2 lamps for epi and 1 lamp for dia illumination. So far i've been using just 1 lamp on microscopes, coupled via wire (i dont like batteries). My question is: Is there a way to couple (by wire) 2-3 lamps to one camera? I want to use either just 1 lamp (for dia) or 2 at once (for epi).
Thanks!

Greenfields

Post by Greenfields »

JohnyM

If the feet of the additional two flashes (the slave units) are illuminated by the main flash unit a slave trigger like this will work:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005GX3DOQ

eBay or Amazon in your own country will probably have similar products, some of which have very low prices.

Any delay is much less than the flash duration.

Your comment about not liking batteries may mean that you are using external power to re-charge the flashes. As far as I know each flash will then need its own external power supply.

All you need are inexpensive flashes. If you plan to use focus stacking and fire lots of flashes in succession there is a risk that units will either shut down unexpectedly to cool at some point or if they don't have that protection they may crack or fail if a flash head becomes too hot.

Henry
Feel free to edit my images.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic