Hello to all...

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

etalon

Hello to all...

Post by etalon »

Hello folks,

I´m new here and I want to introduce myself quickly. My name is Markus and I´m from Germany, living near Stuttgart. As I only was a guest here for a few month, I like now to be a member in that fine community. In case of my hobby photography, I startet with the very big things in the universe and doing astro photography since 2008. Because of the weather in Germany, which don´t allow much sessions a year, I startet in the other direction and tried macrophotography a couple month ago. Mostly I´m interested in photographing minerals and crystals, because of their beautiful colors and shapes.
So I started with my Canon EOS5D mkII and a Schneider Kreuznach Componon S 4/80 macro objective. After a couple of nice pics I was looking for more magnification. So I build up a macro/micro rig with parts of my optical breadboard.

Now I have it automated with a software controlled stepper motor and a software controlled acquisition for the complete stacking part. This is very useful in case of the small DOF of microscope objectives and the huge bunch of layers needed for a stack.

Here are some pics:

Since yesterday, I own a Mitutoyo Plan Apo 10x/0.28, which I use with a Raynox DCR150 in reversed mode as tube lens on my Canon EOS5D mkII. In that moment I doing my first stack in microphotography and I let you participate on the results... ;)

I hope I can lern many things, primary in using different stacking software, what is my main problem at the moment.

Please excuse my bad English, it´s not my native language... ;)

Cheers Markus

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Welcome Markus,

Looks like you have established a very nice and versatile set-up. Look forward to seeing your results.

Your English is very good!

etalon

Post by etalon »

Thank you Charles! If you follow that link, you´ll find my macro images I shot till now with the Componon S 4/80:

http://www.deep-sky-images.de/thumbnails.php?album=44

For discussing my results with the microscope objectives I´ll start a new thread.

Cheers Markus

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic