Weathered plastic table (images added)

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

KurtM wrote:rjlittlefield, have you got a thread somewhere that tells about your macro rig, how you get those shots?
Sorry, I guess I forgot to cross-link that thread from this side.

This is shot using the "Tabletop setup for stacking at oblique angles", over in the Technique and Technical Discussions forum.

My rig has evolved into a collection of stuff that mostly screws and clamps together into a wide variety of configurations: horizontal, vertical, oblique, tripod mount, with pretty much any collection of optics that you can find in the forum, using bellows, extension tubes, reversed combos, finite and infinite objectives, often focus-stepped using a StackShot, sometimes an automated focus block, sometimes CamRanger or a purely software app driving the focus motor inside the lens. Sometimes it seems like if I have to use the same setup twice, I get bored. :roll:
And love the stereo pairs too, gotta learn how to do them someday!
Ah, now there's a fun technique! These days all my macro/micro stereo pairs are shot as a single stack, then processed into left/right views using the "synthetic stereo" capability of Zerene Stacker. That's a wonderful thing because now I get stereo almost for free, where back when I had to shoot physical left/right viewpoints, stereo was at least twice the trouble and often worse than that because of difficulty in matching backgrounds and finding the optimum separation.

--Rik

Koorosh

Post by Koorosh »

Your posts are always so interesting Rik! They contain a starting curiosity and a great following narrative. :)

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Koorosh wrote:Your posts are always so interesting Rik!
Thank you for the kind words. Most of my photography is motivated by curiosity rather than aesthetics -- as you might have guessed from the choice of subject matter! :roll:

--Rik

Koorosh

Post by Koorosh »

I think that's what is captivating about it. It's not simply visuals and contains a lot of other information. Keep it coming :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic