Tegenaria agrestis?

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mowse

Tegenaria agrestis?

Post by mowse »

Luring: place a very thin stick between your lips, resting the other end near the opening of the web. Purse your lips and draw
in air across the stick to make a high pitch buzzing sound, mimicking a struggling insect. It's a -very- effective technique that i
figured out when i was a kid.

This spider was -very- aggressive. I'm without a shot of the abdomen. Overall size is about that of a silver dollar.
There are several making funnel webs within the bark of a tall cedar in my backyard.

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I would hate for that to be the last thing I see in my life. I always hate those SiFi movies with giant spiders. Look at the size of those fangs..ready to puncture a soft spot in your skin, paralyze you and liquefy your guts into a spider milkshake :shock: Awesome photos mowse :)
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

salden

Post by salden »

I am not sure, not having the entire spider visible, but this might be a grass spider, which is from the family Agelenidae. These are funnel-web spiders and it looks like a funnel web in your image.

Nice images of this guy.
Sue Alden

Sven Bernert

Re: Tegenaria agrestis?

Post by Sven Bernert »

Errmm ... the images are first rate but this
mowse wrote:Luring: place a very thin stick between your lips, resting the other end near the opening of the web. Purse your lips and draw
in air across the stick to make a high pitch buzzing sound, mimicking a struggling insect.
makes me think ...

:roll: :wink:

Sven
If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you. If you're not out there, you'll only hear about it. - Jay Maisel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic