What is this ? Solution of the riddle and image added

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Marek Mis

Post by Marek Mis »

rjlittlefield wrote:Very nice!

So the trichomes are intact, and the appearance of "cut tubes" is provided by adhesion between the rounded ends of the trichomes and the cover slip?

--Rik
Rik,
Yes, they are intact and they simply look quite different when you look at them from various directions.

Regards

Marek

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Marek Mis wrote:Rik,
Yes, they are intact and they simply look quite different when you look at them from various directions.

Regards

Marek
Have you tried looking at their ends from this same direction, but without the cover glass? I know that at 20X the image will be a little less clear, but what I'm wondering is whether without the cover glass touching them they still look "cut", or without the cover glass they just look like intact balloons. (I suspect they look like intact balloons.)

--Rik

Marek Mis

Post by Marek Mis »

rjlittlefield wrote:
Marek Mis wrote:Rik,

Regards

Marek
Have you tried looking at their ends from this same direction, but without the cover glass? I know that at 20X the image will be a little less clear, but what I'm wondering is whether without the cover glass touching them they still look "cut", or without the cover glass they just look like intact balloons. (I suspect they look like intact balloons.)

--Rik
No, I did not tried looking at them in this way. But I think they look like intact balloons what we can see in the second image. In side view their ends are quite round without any flat part so I think the "cut" ends occur only in contact with flat cover slip.

Marek

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic